Terms of Service
- Terms of Service
Article 1. Application of Terms
- The J Room Bank Terms of Service (hereinafter, “these terms”) shall be applied to all users of the J Room Bank website (hereinafter, “this site”), operated by Kowa Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, “Kowa”), and the users shall use this site upon agreeing to these terms.
- Kowa shall consider the user’s usage of this site as agreement to these terms.
Article 2. Copyrights
- The user shall not use any content provided on this site beyond the personal use of the user, as stipulated in the Copyright Act.
- Ownership rights, intellectual property rights, and all other rights relating to this site belong to Kowa, persons specified by Kowa, or items licensed to Kowa. The user may not under any circumstances use, duplicate, adapt, modify, translate, reprint, distribute, disclose, transmit publicly, or assign, lend, license, etc., any of the content, services, software, copyrighted works, tangibles, information, etc. of this site without permission from Kowa and the rights holder.
- The user shall use this site upon recognition and acknowledgment of the content, copyrighted work, information, services, etc., provided to the user from the international provider on this site. Kowa shall not be liable for any content, copyrighted work, information, services, etc., provided to the user by the information provider on this site, and the user shall agree to this through usage of this site.
- If a dispute arises that is in violation of the provisions of this article, the user shall resolve the dispute at their own expense and responsibility, and shall not cause any damage to Kowa or a third party.
Article 3. Prohibited User Behaviors
- The user may not commit the following actions in the usage of this site.
- Actions that infringe upon the copyright, likeness, or other intellectual property rights of other users or third parties.
- Actions of discrimination, slander, or threatening other users or third parties.
- Actions that infringe upon the privacy, human rights, etc., of other users or third parties.
- Actions that use the information or services provided by the Kowa on this site for fraudulent purposes.
- Religious, election, or political activities.
- Actions that cause damage to Kowa’s honor, trust, and reliability.
- Actions that hinder the smooth operation of this site.
- Actions used for commercial purposes, with the exception of those permitted by Kowa.
- Other actions that may violate laws, ordinances, or public order and morals.
- Any other actions that Kowa deems to be inappropriate.
- The user shall be liable for all damages caused to Kowa or a third party due to the prohibited actions listed in the preceding paragraph.
- If Kowa reasonably determines that the user has performed the actions listed in the preceding two paragraphs, Kowa may suspend the usage of this site without prior notification.
Article 4. Information Provision
Kowa may receive information on the status of contracts with users from information providers, in order to facilitate the smooth operation of this site.
Article 5. Advertising
Kowa may place advertisements, guidance, etc., provided by third parties on this site. The advertisements are posted on the responsibility of the advertisement’s provider, and Kowa does not guarantee the accuracy, legality, or any other aspects of the advertisement, nor will Kowa assume any responsibility for them.
Article 6. Suspension or Cancelation of This Site
- If Kowa determines any of the following to be applicable, this service may be suspended or canceled without prior or subsequent notification to the user, and without the user’s consent.
- When performing maintenance of the necessary equipment for this site, or an inspection (regular or urgent).
- When providing this service has become difficult due to force majeure, including but not limited to natural disasters such as earthquakes, fires, and power outages.
- When performing a backup of the data that’s necessary for the provision of this service.
- Unavoidable circumstances due to operational or technical reasons.
- When the equipment necessary for the provision of this service has been suspended or damaged due to an accident, regardless of whether or not the reason is attributable to Kowa.
- When suspending or canceling this service upon Kowa’s decision that it is necessary to suspend or cancel the provision of this service to a user.
- Other reasons for which Kowa has determined that suspension or cancelation is necessary.
- Kowa shall not be liable for any damages incurred by users or third parties due to the suspension or cancelation of this site in accordance with the preceding paragraph.
Article 7. Kowa Disclaimer
- Kowa is not obligated to investigate the business conditions of information providers.
- Kowa does not guarantee the availability of the property information posted on this site by information providers.
- Kowa does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the information provided by the information providers posted on this site. Kowa assumes no responsibility in the unlikely event that there are any problems with the information per user.
- Kowa assumes no responsibility for the loss, delay, or mis-delivery of information due to natural disasters, heavy network traffic, equipment failure or suspension due to maintenance, due to the conclusion of the information provider’s participation in this site, and damage caused by falsification or leakage of information by third parties, except for reasons attributable to Kowa. The same shall apply to software and hardware accidents, and other damages resulting in the usage of this site.
- In addition to the preceding paragraph, Kowa shall not be liable for any disputes arising between the user and a third party from the usage of this site, unless the dispute is attributable to Kowa.
- When there is a link to a third party website from this site, Kowa assumes no responsibility for the third party website.
- As this site is only for the purpose of providing information on rental properties, Kowa does not perform any brokerage (mediation) business as stipulated in the Real Estate Brokerage Act for the properties posted on this site, nor is Kowa responsible as defined by the law.
- Kowa shall not be responsible for any damages caused by suspension on cancelation as defined in Article 6.
- Kowa shall not be responsible for any damages caused by force majeure, such as virus attacks, natural disasters, or any other situation not described in the text, which cannot be prevented through reasonable means.
Article 8. Changes to the Terms
- Kowa may change these terms, including additions and deletions (the same applies below), without giving prior notice to the users.
- The revised version of these terms shall be considered to be agreed upon when the user accesses this site after they have been posted.
Article 9. Handling of Personal Information
Article 10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The governing law of these terms shall be Japanese law, and all disputes relating to these terms shall be handled by the first court of jurisdiction of the Kyoto District Court.
Article 11. Overseas Usage
Kowa does not guarantee the legality of the content of this site when the user uses it from overseas. When using this service outside of Japan, the user shall comply with the laws of the region/country at their own liability.